Enjoy a plate of pasta entirely guilt free! Low in carbs but high in vitamins this dish is to be enjoyed guilt-free.
If you are into clean eating, this is your dish! Even though everything is made from scratch, it doesn't take up much time to prepare.
Healthy Cheats For Local Favourites
If you aren’t getting at least one typical hawker dish a day, you get grumpy? A life without chicken rice, doesn’t make sense? Think again! We are helping you to cut those extra calories out of your favourite dishes. Start cooking at home and say bye-bye to those extra kilos and those energy slumps. Card
Working With The Right Utensils
Who would have thought that it all starts with the hardware? Don’t drench your food in oil.
- Buy an oil spray bottle and fill it with your favourite one. Spray oil into a wok or pan and you will use less.
- Get a zoodle slicer! Make noodles out of Zucchinis and carbs are cut out of a dinner that usually includes a serving of lo mein.
- Use smaller plates and bowls. It has been scientifically proven, that people who eat from smaller plates, tend to eat less. Try it!
Eating The Right Fats
By cutting back on fat, we don’t want you to leave it out entirely. But rather choose the right oils. Fill your new oil spray bottles with healthy ones. Coconut oil withstands high heat and is great for frying.
It also is proven to have an anti-inflammatory effect. Walnut oil is high in healthy fatty acids and gives your salads a great nutty flavour. Use olive oil to spray into an oven dish before popping a fish or meat into the oven.
Stay clear of lard, palm oil or refined oils that do more harm than good.
- Instead of soy sauce, that has wheat and a high salt content, use liquid aminos or tamari. Less salt and gluten-free too.
- Opt for whole grain. Make your rice more nutritious and filling by using brown rice. Extra fibre speeds up your digestion and cleanses from the inside.
- When a recipe calls for pork belly, cut off most of the fat but keep the lean, meaty parts. You will lose a tiny bit of taste maybe, but your heart and arteries will thank you later in life. Try it with our Hokkien Mee!
- Your favourite food is Ngoh Hiang or deep fried spring rolls? Try these Vietnamese spring rolls instead and cut the calories in half!
- Don’t eat the fatty skin when you get chicken rice and only eat half the rice or get plain white rice from another stall and spice it up with some sambal.
- Sweet chilli sauce is pure sugar, so a drizzle is better than drenching your fishballs in it.
- Cook with low-fat coconut milk, homemade sambal, that has little sugar, salt and oil and have veggies with every meal to fill you up with almost no calories and lots of vitamins.
With these tips and regular exercise, you might be starting into a new life soon. So start cooking!